Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Beep, Beep. RUFF!!! Yip!

It's been a while [I know]... And my public really needs to hear from me [I'm sorry]... But frankly - 2011 has been a blur... I retired [work was killing me] and it has been difficult to find a routine. Lily never got past an internship with me so I have her to deal with full-time... No rest!

But anyway - on to the point... Last night the power went out. Now we have weathered an earthquake, hurricane and tropical storm, but 65 and clear skies was a disruption to the grid... [Thanks BGE]. Mom cracked open the windows, dad set the alarm on his cell phone and everyone drifted off to sleep...

until 2:00 a.m. That's when the alarm must have realized the power went out. [Beep Beep] Now mind you, I immediately started telling mom [barking] that the house would have been cleaned out by now if this were a robbery and not just a power outage [bark, bark, bark]. I could be in the reckless hands of some common criminal [BARK, BARK, BARK]... Mom jumped up, punched some buttons and the Beep, Beep went away...

[15 minutes later]
Alarm: Beep, Beep.
Me: RUFF!!!
Lily: Yip! [doesn't even bark like a real dog... such a baby]

[60 seconds later]
Alarm: Beep, Beep
Me: RUFF!!
Lily: Yip

[60 seconds later]
Alarm: Beep, Beep
Me: RUFF!!! I mean it!!! RUFF
Dad: Tuffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit it!

And continue until 5:00 a.m. this morning when the power came back on...

What a disastrous night ...  I don't think I have ever been happier to see mom and dad [finally] drag their butts out of bed and leave me to get some sleep... They took their time too, a bit inconsiderate if you ask me... I was up all night for heaven's sake... But now, all is right with the world...


If 5 o'clock p.m. never comes, it will be too soon... I am sure mom and dad are sleeping at that place they go to during the day...



No comments: